Friday, February 15, 2013

Select Baseball

We got the e-mail we've been waiting for for over 2 weeks yesterday! Deqlan was selected to the Select Baseball Team for his age group. I am so proud of how hard he worked over the three days of tryouts and in advance of tryouts. He has his first official practice on Sunday where we will hopefully get the practice and game schedule. Deqlan has a bowling tournament coming up in a month that we've already paid for so hopefully we won't have any conflicts.

Yesterday was a good day. I got to spend time with my family and friends and that's all that matters. I bought the boys some chocolate to have at the bowling center and they never even asked for it. They were so hyped up on sugar from their class parties yesterday so I think they were sick of candy (I know crazy)!

We've felt so lucky the last few weeks because CJ has been pain free. He's currently in bed sleeping off his first migraine in a month. He hates he's missing work but he had to take all of his medicine so he can't drive. Hopefully this passes fast and he is back to normal later this afternoon.

Today is going to be another crazy day. Deqlan has early release so he gets out of school an hour after Hayden does. And I'm getting my hair done this morning. So I will be doing quite a bit of driving today. My aunts flew in yesterday and I'm hoping to get to see them today after I get the boys from school. We are going to have 14 people for our spaghetti dinner tomorrow night at my mom's. It'll be good to meet my cousin's new wife and spend time with a good portion of the family!

Today's high is in the 60's and they are calling for snow tomorrow night! What in the world is up with that...and of course they won't cancel practice Sunday. Thankfully my mom is going to keep Hayden while we are at the ball field Sunday since it's going to be so cold and CJ has to work. Both boys are starting to get colds (again). I need to get to the store at some point today and get them some vitamins. This is the same cold we've been passing around since Halloween. I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be MIA while I spend time with the family!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter