Friday, February 1, 2013

February already?

I seriously cannot believe that today is February 1st. That means CJ's birthday is in a month and Deqlan's is in two. I hate this week usually because it is a busy week for CJ at work which means I hardly see him. Like he probably won't be home for dinner tonight and he left the house at 4am...Have I mentioned lately that I hate his job???

I was supposed to go meet with a therapist today but the bank account is telling me otherwise...$110 for the first visit is just not in the budget this week unfortunately. Maybe once we get my financial aid refund and do our taxes (assuming I ever get my W2 since my old job mailed it-but they never changed my address from 3 years ago!) I can go. I was so happy to have finally made an appointment with someone and now I have to cancel...grrr...I just don't want to leave us short on money this week!

I need to go to Target after I take the boys to school and get some stuff for dinner tonight & Sunday night. I think Sunday we are just going to do wings. Even though we probably won't watch the Super Bowl (again this is assuming CJ will be home for dinner, which he has already informed me is not likely) I won't be too upset if he's not home Sunday night since he is usually at the bowling center on Sunday nights. But for Super Bowl Sunday the league bowls in the afternoon so they don't miss the game.

I need to take a test for my Personal Finance class today. I would really like to get my butt in gear and try to get ahead in both of my classes. Maybe I can make that happen this weekend. Tomorrow the boys have bowling in the morning and that is all we have planned for the day. Sunday we have a birthday party to go to in the morning but then when we get home I'll have laundry to do and lunches to make and all the fun stuff that I do on Sundays.

I haven't worn jeans in 5 weeks!!! I've been wearing sweats and yoga pants. I still keep saying my knee is too swollen to wear jeans but I think the swelling has finally gone down enough where I could wear jeans. Maybe I will try on Sunday so I look somewhat presentable at the party. I did my hair and makeup last night for the first time in 5 weeks too, and I had 3 different people ask me how much weight I had lost because my face looked so much thinner. Felt good!!!!

My financial aid refund should go out in the mail on Valentines...That money needs to hurry up and get here! Found out yesterday that two of my aunts are coming to visit the weekend of Valentines. I haven't seen them since this summer so I am so looking forward to their visit! I love having family here. May and June of this past year I saw at least one of my dad's siblings every week and none of them live locally to us. My grandfather had a stroke at the beginning of May so all of my aunts and uncles rotated with my dad to help out. My grandfather is doing much better now :-) He spent almost two months in the hospital/rehab center. Mom and I started looking at flights for our trip to Reno in May...It is so expensive! We have never had to spend this much money for airline tickets for our Nationals trip (and this is my 3rd time going to Reno). Right now we are looking at almost $700 round trip a person. We both have $100 vouchers from Southwest because last year none of our luggage (our entire group of 7) made the plane from Phoenix to Reno-it went to Vegas. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal but the people working at the airport that night could have cared less. It was like pulling teeth to get them to help us fill out the information needed to get our bags sent to us the next morning. I bought a new carry-on bag that has a check-point friendly laptop section so I will be carrying a change of clothes with me on the plane this year. Nothing like sleeping in jeans with no toothbrush when you wake up in the morning!

This has been one random post :-) I hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I know, it is hard to believe! I found your blog through Better Life Bags giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you! Happy Friday!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words! Following you back :-)

      Delete

Follow me on Twitter