Friday, January 25, 2013

Crazy Day!

We are supposed to get hit with an ice storm this afternoon so my peaceful Friday has been shot down.

The school system is releasing 3 hours early (which means picking Deqlan up at 12:45) and then we will head to my moms for the night. CJ is more than likely not going to be able to make it home from work so he will go to his moms. I don't like staying at the house with the boys by myself overnight, it just makes me uncomfortable, which is why we are going to my parents. We just decided that last night while we were at the bowling center which means I've been up since 6:15 working on laundry so I have sweats to wear. Especially since Deqlan has baseball tryouts both Saturday and Sunday (where the high is barely 40 degrees).

A good friend of mine is from New Hampshire and just can't get over the fact that we had a 2-hr delay last Friday because of a little bit of snow and that they made the call at 4pm yesterday to release 3 hours early. I am totally on board with the decision the school board made yesterday. 8 years ago this week (I was 6 months pregnant with Deqlan and miserable) we got hit with 1/2" of snow and ice starting at about 11am. It took people HOURS to get home from work and school. Kids ended up having to sleep at their school, people abandoned their cars on the side of the road. It took CJ and I 8 hours to get home from his work, 5 and a half miles!!! I don't want a repeat of that. Once I get Deq from school we are staying put!!

Have a great weekend & stay warm!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter